IREG met on 11th April 2018 and discussed the following MRA Issue Forms (MIFs):
MIF219 – Full Review of Working Practice Product Set
IREG was presented with updates on the review of the Working Practices (WP) and agreed that:
- WP 21 (Provision of Metering Point Changes to Agents) – some rules could be added to MRA Agreed Procedure (MAP) 09 (Address maintenance using the Standard Address Format) and then to remove the WP. When updating MAP09, to ensure a complete process is captured it agreed that the processes associated with the D0171 (Notification of Distributor Changes to Metering Point Details) and D0131 (Metering Point Address Details) are included.
- WP77 (Identification of New Agent on flow D0170) –the rules for this are already captured in the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) Procedures therefore the WP could be removed.
- WP100 (Termination/Cancellation Dates on Agent Appointment) – that the notes from the WP should be moved to Annex C of the Data Transfer Catalogue (DTC) and then remove the WP.
- The next WPs for review should be:
- WP9 (Related Metering Points)
- WP33 (Providing Customer Details to the Distributor during Registration); and
- WP34 (Termination of New Supplier Agents during the Objection Process).
It was highlighted that some WP are referred to in the MRA Agreed Procedures (MAPs). The references need to be addressed alongside the assessment of the WPs.
MIF238 – Changes to WP152 Requesting Additional or New MPANs
IREG reviewed the proposed changes to the Electricity Central Online Enquire Service (ECOES) and the Change Proposals (CPs) to take forward the solution identified under this MIF.
IREG noted that the D0168 (Request for Additional/New MPAN Core(s)) could still be sent out up to the implementation of the CPs and there will still be a need to respond with to D0169 (Allocation of New/Additional MPAN Core(s)). It therefore suggested the following implementation approach for the two the DTC CPs:
- remove the D0168 flow in November 2018 to align with implementing the new process; and
- remove the D0169 flow in February 2019 to allow for responses to the D0168 up to this date.
It was discussed that the changes will only be made against ECOES2 therefore removing the flows would require participants to have migrated to ECOES2 to be compliant with the MAP. IREG agreed to the need to review the new process six-months after implementation of the new MAP.
IREG noted the need to have the funding for the ECOES2 changes approved by the MRA Board. The CPs will be submitted to MRA Development Board (MDB) April 2018. A change to remove the WP152 (Requesting Additional or New MPANs) will be submitted if the current CP is accepted.
MIF252 – Use of D0135, D0126 and D0368 Flows in Gas First Only Scenarios
IREG noted that this issue was discussed at another industry workshop. The Proposer is waiting for the outputs of that workshop before the MIF can be progressed.
MIF253 – Adding Estimated Annual Consumption (EAC) to ECOES
The Proposer advised that they were awaiting an update on this issue from internal colleagues.
MIF255 – Raising NHH Export MPANs for Smart
IREG reviewed the CPs and draft redlining, identifying some final amendments. The Proposer intends to submit the CPs in time for discussion at MDB April 2018.
MIF257– Meter Serial Number not on DCC Inventory
IREG commented on the draft CPs and red-lining. The Proposer intends to submit the CPs in time for discussion at MDB April 2018. Due to the timescales and changes to introduce changes to the DTC that will require party system changes, the implementation date was recommended to be February 2019.
MIF258 – Near Time Improvements to Electricity Meter Technical Details
The Chair summarised the outcomes of the Special IREG held on 28th March 2018.
IREG noted that the MRA Security Committee (MSC) has recommended a privacy impact assessment (PIA) for a full comparison of data, subject to MRA Board approving the funding.
IREG noted that testing phase 2 functionally has progressed and the functionality will shortly be made available to those migrated to ECOES2. It was noted that more communication is required on progress.
IREG noted that some additional comments on ECOES2 User Requirement Specification (URS) have been received after the Special IREG that walked through the changes. All comments will be addressed in a final version of the URS and circulated with a comments review sheet detailing how the comment has been addressed. It considered what process was required to approve the URS and agreed to put the ECOES URS on the May IREG agenda for final approval.