What is ECOES?
ECOES is a market information system supporting the electricity customer transfer process in Great Britain.
Rules and procedures relating to ECOES can be found in the MRA Agreed Procedure 15..
Who Can Access ECOES?
- A Supplier or Distribution Business who has commenced Market Scenario Testing;
- Price Comparison Websites; and
- Any other party, which can demonstrate a benefit to the domestic or non-domestic electricity market from being granted access.
How to Apply for ECOES Access
Suppliers or Distribution Businesses will be provided with access to ECOES during Market Scenario Testing. Appropriate documentation will be sent during this process.
Any other party, except Price Comparison Websites, must complete the ECOES application process shown below.
To apply for ECOES access, please download, complete and return to support.ECOES@Gemserv.com the following documentation:
- ECOES Access Application Form v5.5 - PCW
- ECOES Access Application Form 5.5 - Manual
- ECOES Access Agreement
- Guidance for Third Party Users of ECOES
Please contact the CAS Helpdesk by email at support.ECOES@Gemserv.com or call 0207 090 1024.
Price Comparison Websites are also required to complete a Access Agreement, as below:PCW-TPI ECOES API Access Agreement-1.2
Please contact the CAS helpdesk as above, for further details.
The specific company group user guides can be accessed below, to enable users to understand the functionality they have available to them. The user guides are in Microsoft Word format which gives users the ability to tweak them accordingly.
- Supplier - ECOES User Guide v1.4.docx
- Distributor - ECOES User Guide v1.3.docx
- Meter Operator - ECOES User Guide v1.3.docx
- Non-Domestic Customer ECOES User Guide v1.2.docx
- Third Party ECOES User Guide v1.1.docx
The ECOES Application Programming Interface (API) is now available for MRA Parties to sign up to. The latest version of the Technical Specification is below:ECOES API Technical Specification v1.6
The ECOES User Requirement Specification contains guidance for ECOES Users and the latest version is available below: