IREG Update August 2019

IREG met on the 10th July 2019 and discussed the following MRA Issue Forms (MIFs) and Electricity Central Online Enquiry Service (ECOES) changes.

MIF219 – Full review of the Working Practice Product Set (WPPS)

IREG received an update of the progress of the review. IREG noted the further analysis carried out on the remaining Working Practices and agreed to continue the review. It noted that there were still Working Practices (WPs) that could be removed from the WPPS due to redundancy. As such it agreed that the drafted Change Proposal (CP) to remove WP 9 could be progressed to MDB.

MIF281 – Crossed Meters

IREG were presented with an overview of what the ECOES element of the Crossed Meter Resolution Process could look like in practice from the ECOES TSP. The presentation previewed the service from the beginning of the process where the Customer or Distribution Business raises a potential Crossed Meter through to the final resolution of the issue. The different views of the service that a Supplier, Distribution Business and a Meter Operator would have of the process were displayed for the view of IREG members.

IREG noted the presentation and raised some questions that they had with the preview of the Distribution Business element of the process. IREG discussed the obligations that the process would place on Suppliers when a Distribution Business reports a potential Crossed Meter. IREG agreed that the Distribution Business element of the resolution process would be removed from the service in order to avoid confusion and as this would not be mandated through the system although the obligation still sits in the draft MRA Procedure. IREG agreed that the Supplier would initiate the process and that the Distribution Business could pass on reports using the Secure Communications system. IREG discussed the risks involved with sharing Customer details such as names and contact information and agreed that this would be an unnecessary risk with GDPR for a part of the service. It was agreed that any communications that would need to be sent to the Customer would come from their current (Initiating) Supplier.

IREG agreed that the service was a good starting point however, some further work would need to be conducted before the draft procedure could be taken to Change Proposal. Gemserv agreed to share the presentation with IREG to allow parties to conduct a thorough Impact Assessment and that any questions or comments would be sent to meetings.IREG@gemser.com by 12:00 on 23rd June 2019. IREG agreed that any comments would then share be shared with the ECOES TSP in order to amend the technical process before the next meeting.

MIF283 – ECOES Upload to Distribution Third Party Systems

IREG were advised that an Impact Assessment had been received from the ECOES TSP and that the comments would be shared with the Proposer ex committee.

MIF288 – Industry Contacts Database

IREG noted the upgrade to the MRASCo Industry Contacts Database was now in User Acceptance Testing (UAT). The group were advised that an email had been issued to all MRA Contract Managers prior to the meeting asking to partake in a data cleanse of all their current contacts on the database to ensure that the contacts loaded to the new database are up to date.

MIF289 – HH Related MPANs

IREG noted the drafted amendments to MAP29 and were provided with an update from the MIF289 Workshop which took place on the 24th July 2019. IREG agreed the workgroup’s recommendation that there are scenarios where HH Meter Points would need to be related and that this would be included in the MAP. IREG highlighted that the MRA definition of Related Meters had been removed from the draft MAP to avoid duplication and to provide clarity as to where they sat. IREG agreed that a CP would be drafted, and the MIF be closed.

MIF294 – Suppliers can require New Connection registrations, without a Meter installed, to be cancelled

The Proposer advised that a change had been drafted to the BSCPs which was currently being quality reviewed and that the issue would progress through the BSC Change Process. The Proposer requested that this MIF remain on the agenda to allow IREG to receive a progress update of the change.

MIF296 – Review of the Non-Domestic Customer Access to ECOES

IREG noted the paper provided and agreed that due to time constraints that an in-depth review of the process would take place at the September 2019 IREG meeting.

MIF299 – Improvements to the D0268 ‘Half Hourly Meter Technical Details’

IREG noted the drafted Solutions Pre-Assessment Form (SPF), the impacts of the Change were discussed, and it was highlighted that the suggested amendment to the J0385 Data Item would have a knock-on impact to the D0313 in that the flow length would be increased. The Proposer agreed that a further investigation would be taken to identify if there were more Data Flows that would be impacted by this change. IREG agreed subject to the amendments being made that the SPF would progress to the August 2019 MDB meeting.

MIF301 – Post Implementation review of the DTC CP 3554

The Proposer and IREG agreed that due to timescales that this MIF would be discussed at the September 2019 IREG meeting to allow for a full and meaningful discussion.

MIF302 – Ceasing the Related Meter range of MTCs

The Proposer and IREG agreed that due to timescales that this MIF would be discussed at the September 2019 IREG meeting to allow for a full and meaningful discussion.

Secure Communications

IREG were advised that a Data Protection Impact Assessment was being carried out on the draft MAP and that feedback from this assessment would be presented to IREG at the September 2019 meeting. IREG highlighted that there was an issue with the application form for the service listed in the MAP in that it was only available to Suppliers. The Advisor agreed to make the amendment to the draft MAP. IREG noted that a paper would be taken to the MRASCo Executive Committee (MEC) at the meeting on the 20th August 2019 which would agree the governance for the service. It was advised that this may result in some of the rules moving from the draft MAP into the Access Agreement.

Safeguarding Customer Working Group

IREG were advised that testing had commenced with water companies to check their gateways and internal processes.  Where a data share agreement is in place and data is already exchanged between Distribution Business and Water Company, this data will also be sent using test D0225 Data Flows.  Where there is no data share agreement in place, dummy D0225 Data Flows will be sent. Third Party Service Providers proposals for mapping an MPAN to the relevant water company serving that property have been reviewed and a final decision on which solution to progress with agreed.  Weekly contact by the joint leads of the project continues, however, the Joint Programme Meeting proposed for 22nd July was postponed.  A new date has yet to be confirmed. The Energy Sector believe they are fully on track to achieve the targets set out by Ofgem. The SPAA Change Board Vote for the associated SPAA changes will take place on 13th August 2019 it was advised that an update from this would be provided at the next IREG meeting.

CSS Update to ECOES URS

IREG were presented with a paper which detailed the changes required to the ECOES User Requirement Specification (URS) as a result of Ofgem’s Faster Switching Programme. The changes were related to MRASCo’s ECOES interface design and the API Webservice Specification. IREG were advised that further changes may be required to the URS or could the amendments potentially be taken straight into the Retail Energy Code (REC) technical specification and that any further changes would be brought back to IREG for review. IREG noted and approved the changes.

BSC Issue 73 Update

A BSC Representative provided from the BSC Issue 73 workgroup which included the background reasoning for the workgroup and the output of the workgroup. One of the products from the workgroup was a redesign of the D0001 Data Flow (Request Metering System Investigation) and the Data Items within the Data Flow. IREG identified that some of the Data Items that were proposed to be removed would have a large impact on the Non-Half-Hourly (NHH) market as they were used widely. Several other considerations were identified with the changes to the Data Flows and Data Items and impacts to the NHH market processes and procedures. The BSC Representative agreed to feedback the comments to the workgroup.

Another product considered by the workgroup was that of fault categorisation where the group had suggested that a Unique Fault Reference would be created for every fault. The proposal was for the first four characters of the reference should be the MPID of the raising party. The next character should be the role code of the raising party (e.g. x for Suppliers). The next five characters should be a consecutive ordering of faults, followed by the MPAN. IREG agreed that this was a complicated process and would be hard to implement into internal IT systems. IREG proposed a different format for the fault reference which would have three fields; fault raiser Market Participant Identifier (MPID), fault raiser Role Code and an integer unique fault reference. The BSC Representative agreed to feed all the comments made on the various areas of changes drafted back the workgroup for further consideration and development.

 

Next meeting

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 11th September 2019.