IREG Update February 2019

IREG Meeting 19_0213 Headline Report

IREG met on 13th February 2019 and discussed the following MRA Issue Forms (MIFs) and Electricity Central Online Enquiry Service (ECOES) changes.

MIF219 – Full review of the Working Practice Product Set (WPPS)

IREG received an update of the progress of the review. IREG noted the further analysis carried out on the remaining Working Practices and agreed to continue the review. It noted that there were still Working Practices (WPs) that could be removed from the WPPS due to redundancy or being covered elsewhere. As such, it agreed:
• the seven (7) drafted Change Proposals (CPs) as they were now either redundant due to being for Token Meters or accommodated under the BSC could progress to MDB.

MIF281 – Crossed Meters

A draft MAP was presented to IREG for the resolution of Crossed Meters based on the extension of the current WP145 (Identification and Resolution of Crossed Meters). IREG discussed each page by turn and made a number of recommendations for amendments to be made to the drafting. IREG reviewed a high-level diagram for how the process could proceed if ECOES was used in a similar way for how the new functionality for requesting Additional MPANs will be used from the end of February 2019. IREG agreed that the next steps would be for the MAP drafting to be updated and to discuss at the next meeting what data is needed to be held or transferred between Suppliers, MOPs and Distribution Business. This will then assist in developing the requirements of the MAP, the ECOES URS and for the ECOES TSP.

MIF278 – Gap with HH Change of Meter Operator

IREG were unable to discuss the responses to questions received back from Meter Operator, in respect of looking to align the D0268 and D0303 Data Flows and make the Meter Manufacturer Make and Type Mandatory within the Data Flows, due to the Proposer being unable to attend the meeting.

MIF285 – Review of the valid set of codes under J1253 and use of the J0024 to better describe a change of energisation status rejection

The Proposer summarised the issue that they were having in that currently, Distributors send the D0139 (Confirmation or Rejection of Energisation Status Change) data flow to Suppliers and Meter Operators (MOPs) to confirm or reject an energisation status change following a Supplier issuing a D0134 (Request to change energisation status). The Distributor must use the valid data set under J1253 (Failure to Energise or De-energise Reason Code) to describe the reason for the rejection but these do not fully or correctly describe all the scenarios where a rejection is requested. This results in a lack of clarity for Suppliers and MOPs as to why the request was rejected. The valid set of codes under J1253 and the use of the J0024 should be reviewed to better describe a change of energisation status. The Proposer noted that they had identified two potential options in either Extending the Valid Set reason codes held in the J1253 (Failure to Energise or De-Energise Reason Code) or Use the J0024 (Site Visit Check Code) within the D0139 (Confirmation or Rejection of Energisation Status Change) as a marker. IREG noted that an alternate could be to amend the J1253 Data Item to be a CHAR 1 field from an INT 1 field as that potentially would open the options held within the Data Item because the numbers of new codes to add currently was limited. IREG noted that for the option 2, further rules would need to be added to Annex C of the DTC.

IREG recommended that a Request for Further Information should be issued to gauge parties views as to whether there were other examples of issues not identified and on the solution options.

MIF286 – There is no suitable flow for the Data Collector to send following No Meter site visit

The Proposer summarised the issue that they were having in that currently in that the Data Collector is required to make annual site visits to de-energised site regardless of a meter being installed or not. Currently there is no agreed or suitable flow for them to notify the Supplier that they have made such a visit. Without a suitable flow for the Data Collector to send it is difficult during the BSC Audit to check their performance against this measure because there is no agreed Data Flow to check. There is also no industry wide way for Suppliers to monitor the performance of Data Collectors operating on their behalf. The Proposer highlighted that their view in respect of a solution could be to amend the D0004 (Notification of Failure to Obtain Reading) Data Flow to make the Meter Id (Serial Number) J0004 (Meter Id (Serial Number)) Data item optional. In addition, a rule could be added to DTC Annex C to state that the Meter Id (Serial Number) should only be omitted when there is no meter installed. This would allow the Data Collector to send this flow following any site visit where they are unable to read the meter regardless of there being a meter installed on site. This will make is easy for Suppliers to monitor their Data Collectors performance and for the BSC Auditor to measure it during any audit. IREG agreed that could help all Suppliers and Data Collectors meet their BSC obligations and suggested that a Solution Pre-assessment Form (SPF) could be completed and then MDB could then determine the Impact Assessment Period and enable the wider community to comment before a formal Change Proposal was raised.

Safe Guarding Customer Working Group

IREG received a verbal update from the previous Safe Guarding Customer Working Group (SGCWG). IREG noted the planned release date for the work conducted is April 2020 and that any changes to DTC Data Flows or Priority Service codes would need to be in place for February 2020 ahead of the go live date. IREG noted that addition codes are being proposed for water companies which will be passed to the Distribution Businesses (DBs) who will be acting as the hub for the process and consequentially pass on to the Supplier. The current assumption is that the D0225 (Priority Services Details) will be used along with the Data Transfer Network. Changes would be required to the DTSA to enable that to happen. Some initial trialling is planned of the process between water companies and the DBs. IREG noted that there were several considerations that need to be agreed including; what the Governance arrangements are and how to manage Consent.

Next meeting
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 13th March 2019.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close