From the MEC meeting held on 27th March 2018 the following headlines have been captured:
- MEC has confirmed the process for the prepayment allocation run in 2018, which would cover
an extended backstop period from 1st July 2012 to 30th June 2014. Notification for Prepayment
Metering Infrastructure Provider (PPMIPs) to distribute funds is due to be sent in August 2018,
with all transactions distributed before the end of September 2018. It is anticipated that this
calendar of dates will be maintained in future years.
- MEC has requested that Gemserv explores the establishment of formal change processes
under MAP17 for MRA system changes – i.e. changes to ECOES and GDCC that are not
currently governed within the existing change process.
- MEC has agreed changes to the IREG and MRASCo Security Committee (MSC) terms of
reference; the changes aim to improve communication and consultation between security and
- MEC accepted two applications to ECOES from Price Comparison Websites, and two
applications for ECOES extracts from Meter Asset Providers.
- MEC approved one application for access to the MRA from Flexitricity Ltd.
- MEC received a presentation from ELEXON regarding progress made in the Half Hourly
Settlement workstream. Slides would be made available via Huddle with MEC post-meeting