The MRA Executive Committee (MEC) was held on, 20th December 2016. The main updates from the meeting are as follows:
– MEC agreed the accession application of one Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO): g2 Energy IDNO Limited;
– MEC considered two applications for access to ECOES, from GDFC and Ecova. MEC rejected Ecova’s application in light of the ongoing work to provide TPIs with access to ECOES, and the GDFC application was accepted pending an exercise to reconcile GDFC held data with ECOES;
– MEC is keen for the code administrator to consider a methodology for packaging similar changes together, to ensure that they progress in unity. MRASCo would be raising this at a future Code Administration Code of Practice (CACoP) meeting;
– MEC received and accepted the Closure Report for the Code Governance Review project, reiterating its thanks to those members who attended and approving final legal costs;
– MEC decided not to respond to Ofgem’s consultation on mandatory half-hourly settlement reform, but to keep a watching brief, as it believes there will be impacts to the MRA; and
– MEC decided not to respond to Ofgem’s initial consultation on implementing the CMA recommendations, however will be sending a MRASCo representative to an Ofgem workshop in January 2017.
The next MEC meeting is scheduled to be held on 24th January 2017.