The MRA Executive Committee (MEC) meeting was held on 24th January 2017:
- MEC was informed of the recent Ofgem workshop on the Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA’s) recommendations, where they looked at proposals around code managers and
strategic directions going forward across industry codes. Ofgem is looking for interim solutions to licensing, with a focus on ensuring it is all in the public interest.
- With regards to faster switching, Ofgem has published three reform packages, with responses due back by 2nd March 2017. MEC will respond.
- MEC was informed about the Unallocated Distribution Run and provided with three recommendations:
– The setting of a threshold for minimum payments being distributed to parties that are
costlier to receive than their value. This will require a change to MAPs. Parties will
therefore be encouraged to raise a MIF if required.
– Concerning dates around processes, MEC recommended discerning whether the
timescale of the process can be reduced, as moving the physical date will likely cause
issues for some parties.
– Ensuring the correct people have access to Huddle to receive the account, so that it is
correct for the next financial year.
- With respect to IREG’s request for Ofgem’s clarification on DAP changes, Ofgem advised that the information would be published in a letter by the end of January 2017. The next MEC meeting will be held 28th February 2017.