The MRA Executive Committee (MEC) was held on, 23rd August 2016. The main updates from the meeting are as follows:
- Faster, more reliable switching programme is progressing well. The regulatory design team are mapping out provisions in existing codes and licenses which may be impacted by the new Central Registration System arrangements.
- Under smarter markets, the decision on the revised plan for DCC R1.2 and R1.3 was yet to be announced. Since, revised plan for R1.2 go-live announced – 30th August 2016. User Entry Process Testing commencement date has slipped to 30th August from 26th August. Still no decision on R1.3.
- MEC keen to ensure that director level authority is attained for all ECOES applications.
- Updated on Code Review Expert Group (CREG) process – sought clarification on the proposed self-governance guidance, particularly with respect to tightening of phraseology, including the term “supply of electricity”.
- An update on the progress of the ECOES Third Party Access Group (TPAG) – API solution for TPI access to ECOES is planned for delivery by February 2017. Xoserve are likely to meet CMA requirements by Q2 2017. A full PIA of ECOES dataset is being undertaken within the scope of the project, due for completion Q3 2016.
- SPIG activity is now closed (pending decision to implement MAP change). Closure report is to be completed and presented to MEC. MEC agreed that scope of SPIG was not to be extended. Any smart prepayment issues to be addressed by IREG.
- Timetable agreed for the unallocated distribution process. Distribution process to commence first week of November, all transactions allocated by 16th December 2016.
- MEC confirmed ECOES variation 157 would go live in Release 8.0 scheduled for 23rd February 2017. The change ensures that all prepayment transactions are routed based on information derived solely from ECOES.
- Last month MEC noted that MEPB was no longer quorate, following the resignation of a member. After failure to find a replacement representative, MEC has agreed to subsume the activity of MEPB back in house. A review of MEPB within MEC will be carried out after one year.