The MRA Executive Committee (MEC) was held on, 22nd November 2016. The main updates from the meeting are as follows:
- MEC noted the Ofgem consultation on Mandatory Half-Hourly Settlement and its likely impact on the MRA;
- MEC recommended to Board for the release of funds for the annual GDCC Service Level Compliance Statement audit;
- MEC received a letter from the GDAA Panel Secretary Chair, proposing a synchronisation between GDEG and PTSC, ahead of the formal merger activities progressing between the MRA and GDAA. MEC agreed to the proposal in principal, and solution mapping for a merged workgroup is now in progress;
- MEC praised the approach taken by MDB in the consideration of Priority Services Register Change Proposals, specifically with respect to the deferral of changes to ensure alignment;
- MEC noted that the Code Governance Review Phase 3 Expert Group (CREG) had closed, and received a project summary report. MEC thanked CREG participants for their work throughout the project; and
- MEC received a request from Ofgem to contribute funds to the Switching Programme legal drafting activity. MEC passed the issue to the MRASCo Board to consider the vires of the MRA in this matter.
The next MEC meeting is scheduled to be held on 20th December 2016.